Checking the RAM in your desktop.
- Remove side panel.
- Blow out dirt from inside the computer.
- Look for the long thin rows sticking up from the motherboard, normally more than one stick of RAM.
- Once you have located the RAM, you need to flip down the two side clasps. There will be one on each side of every stick of RAM.
- Gently pull the RAM stick from the motherboard.
- There should be a sticker on the side of the RAM giving you the information on the type of RAM you have.
- To replace the RAM, be sure that you realign it correctly. The RAM stricks can only be installed in one direction.
- Once you have it lined up, you must push the RAM in until you hear it click. The click is the clasps clicking back into place.
- Repeat this is you are changing out all of the RAM.